A Royal Repast
Long grain Basmati rice cooked with sweet and sour purple berries native to Kashmir, enhanced with desi ghee and milk.
TOTAL TIME: 30 minutes
8 – 10
melted butter, unsalted
Salt to taste
A few leaves of silver varq
- Pick, wash and soak rice for 30 minutes.
- Boil water with green cardamom and salt. Cook rice in this water till ¾th done.
- Strain the rice through a colander and keep it aside.
- Heat desi ghee in a pan, toss zarasht berries.
- Mix cream and melted butter in bowl and keep it aside.
- In a lagan arrange half the rice, pour the cream and melted butter on top evenly. Sprinkle half the tossed zarasht berries; arrange the remaining rice on top and the sprinkle the other half of berries over it.
- Cover with a lid or aluminum foil to seal the edges of the lagan; cook on dum until rice is completely done. Garnish with silver varq and serve.
You May Also Like