Terrine of Duo Chocolate and Strawberries
For the fudge base
- Pre-heat the oven to 160°C.
- Slightly roast the walnuts and fine chop them.
- Mix the sieved flour and the chopped walnuts.
- Beat the eggs and the sugar till light and fluffy. Fold in the flour mixture gently, a little at a time.
- Fold in the melted chocolate and the melted butter.
- Line a small tray with parchment/ butter paper and spread the batter evenly in a layer about 1cm thick.
- Bake it in the pre-heated oven for 25 minutes till done.
To prepare the mousse (Same preparation is to be followed, for making both the dark chocolate and the white chocolate mousse.)
- Melt the chocolate, fold in the liquor/liqueur into it. Let it cool.
- Whip the creams till soft peaks are formed keeping in mind not to over whip it.
- Fold it into the cooled chocolate mixture and place it in the refrigerator till just set. It should be easy to pipe.
To prepare the chocolate strip
- Melt the chocolate and spread it evenly on a plastic sheet or butter paper.
- When half set, cut 10 strips of 1′ X 5′ strips. Do not set them in the refrigerator just, for they will curl and not retain their shape.
- When assembling the dessert just place the strips in the refrigerator for a minute, keeping something pressed against it to prevent them from curling.
- Cut the fudge cake into the exact size strips as that of the chocolate strips.
- Pipe dark chocolate mousse rosettes onto the fudge strip.
- Place a chocolate strip upon that.
- Pipe white chocolate mousse rosettes on this chocolate strip.
- Hull the strawberries, cut the tips of the strawberry, placing them in the piped white chocolate mousse, so as to hold the final chocolate strip upon it.
- Place the final strip of chocolate upon strawberries.
- Refrigerate the whole assembly for the mousse to set.
- Garnish it with a chocolate twist or simply dust some cocoa powder.
Note: The removal of the attached, leafy calyx of the strawberry is called hulling.