Skewered Chicken Marinated with Basil, Chilli and Lemon
Fragrant, herb-scented strips of succulent chicken.
TOTAL TIME: 40 minutes
large boneless chicken breasts
six-inch satay sticks
tsp chilli flakes
Juice of one lemon
A handful of fresh basil leaves
Salt to taste
Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Slice each breast into 5-6 strips, lengthwise.
- Soak the satay sticks in water.
- Wash the basil, shake to dry and place in a food processor; pulse till finely chopped.
- To this, add the lemon juice, salt and chilli flakes.
- Taste and adjust seasoning if required.
- Rub the basil mixture on the sliced chicken and set aside for an hour.
- Skewer the chicken with the satay sticks and grill on a hot pan for 3 minutes on each side.
- Serve hot with a wedge of lemon.
You May Also Like