A Hyderabadi Repast
Doodh ka Pulao
1. Heat oil and fry chicken till slightly brown; keep aside.
2. In a pot, or a deep pan, boil milk to thicken, add chopped ginger peppercorns, green chillies, and season with salt. Let it cook for few minutes.
3. In another vessel boil water and add black cumin, cardamom, cinnamon and bay leaf with salt. Add rice and cook it till the grains are semi-soft, and almost done. Drain and set aside.
4. Grease the same vessel with oil and use half the rice to cover the bottom. Then add the chicken with the milk gravy on top of it.
5. Evenly cover the chicken with the remaining rice.
6. Pour ½ ltr of milk on it in circular motion and add chopped mint and coriander on top, Add pure ghee, and using dough cover the vessel, sealing it tight; steam for a few minutes.
6. Lower the heat and leave for 5 minutes. Serve hot with tomato chutney and raita.