A Bengali Feast
Sweetened cottage cheese steamed and flavoured with cardamom, and served with chocolate syrup.
TOTAL TIME: 30 minutes
Hershey’s chocolate syrup
- Heat milk in a vessel and bring it to a boil.
- Add vinegar and curdle the milk.
- Strain out the chenna or cottage cheese.
- Knead the cottage cheese for 5 minutes to make a smooth paste.
- Add sugar powder and cardamom powder and mix well.
- Add the condensed milk and mix further.
- Take a baking tray and spread the mixture evenly to half an inch thickness.
- Place a steamer on the stove. When it starts to steam, place the tray inside and steam it for 20 minutes.
- Remove and allow to cool to room temperature. Place in a refrigerator for a couple of hours.
- Once cooled, cut into 1.5 inch squares.
- Serve with chocolate sauce.
You May Also Like