A Royal Repast
Whole wheat flat bread gently seasoned with rock salt pinched in concentric spirals, flame grilled and smeared with desi ghee.
TOTAL TIME: 30 minutes
whole wheat flour
Salt to taste
Desi ghee for brushing on top of cooked bread
- Make firm dough of whole wheat flour with 2 tbsp warm desi ghee and enough water.
- Rest for 30 minutes, covered with a moist muslin cloth.
- Divide the dough in 8 equal portions. Apply a pinch of salt and desi ghee and roll them into smooth marbles. Roll it into a disc of 4” diameter using melted ghee.
- On the topside of the roti, pinch in a spiral tweaked design.
- Cook on both the sides on a charcoal anghti (griddle), until the pinched tweaks gets distinctive browning. Smear desi ghee evenly and serve.
You May Also Like